Serve this delicious Chicken with Mustard-Fig Cream Sauce at your next big meal with our Capellini with Basil-Arugula Pesto.
Chicken with Mustard-Fig Cream Sauce
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup fig preserves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan; set aside, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add shallot and garlic to skillet; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mustard and fig preserves, stirring until preserves melt. Add cream, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Return chicken to pan, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and sauce thickens slightly, 20 to 30 minutes. Turn chicken periodically for even cooking.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/