Farfalle pasta, haricots verts, bacon, rotisserie chicken, grape tomatoes, green onion and parsley mix to create a delicious Chicken Pasta Salad.
Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) package haricots verts
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 cups torn baguette
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 5 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Add bread and garlic to hot bacon fat. Stir frequently until golden brown and crispy. Remove from skillet, and let cool completely. Discard garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and haricots verts, cooked bacon, bread, chicken, and next 3 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over pasta mixture, tossing to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!