Farfalle pasta, haricots verts, bacon, rotisserie chicken, grape tomatoes, green onion and parsley mix to create a light and delicious Chicken Pasta Salad.
Chicken Pasta Salad
Makes approximately 8 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 1 (8-ounce) package haricots verts
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 3 cups torn baguette
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 5 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Add bread and garlic to hot bacon fat. Stir frequently until golden brown and crispy. Remove from skillet, and let cool completely. Discard garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta and haricots verts, cooked bacon, bread, chicken, and next 3 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over pasta mixture, tossing to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.