This Chilled Rosé and Strawberry Soup is a palatable blend of spicy jalapeño flavor, fresh ginger, strawberries, mint, lime, and rosé wine topped with goat cheese and pistachios.
Chilled Rosé and Strawberry Soup
Makes about 1 quart
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups rosé wine
- Garnish: crumbled goat cheese, chopped pistachios, fresh mint leaves, chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño and ginger; cook for
- minute. Add strawberries, mint, lime zest and juice, sugar, and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until strawberries are tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes. Discard mint.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to the container of a blender; pulse until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding pulp. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Garnish with goat cheese, pistachios, mint, and strawberries, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!