Cool and creamy, this spin on a classic Southern salad is a refreshing side dish on a hot day.
Chilled Succotash Salad
- 1 pound fresh or frozen lima beans
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 ears corn
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add lima beans; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until tender, 20 minutes. Drain, and set aside to let cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Drain grease from skillet, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- Cut corn kernels from cob. Heat reserved grease in skillet over medium heat. Cook corn until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large airtight container, combine lima beans, corn, green onion, mayonnaise, whipping cream, seasoned salt, and pepper. Crumble bacon over corn mixture, stirring to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!