Enjoy this creamy Chilled Zucchini and Basil Soup all summer long.
Chilled Zucchini and Basil Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped peeled zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: olive oil, fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In the container of a blender, place onion mixture, zucchini, stock, basil, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper; process until smooth. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with oil and basil, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!