Our Chocolate Chess Bars with Pecan Shortbread Crust are sure to become fast fall favorites.
Chocolate Chess Bars with Pecan Shortbread Crust
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium-high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until combined. Add flour, pecans, salt, and vanilla, mixing until incorporated. Firmly press dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake until crust is light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, salt, eggs, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Pour batter over cooled crust. Bake until center is set, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/