Indulge in a slice of chocolate pie. Overflowing with rich flavor, it’s the perfect way to celebrate autumn.
Chocolate Chess Pie
Write a review
- 1⁄2 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 11⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 10-inch circle. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth; let cool slightly. Combine chocolate mixture, cream, eggs, and vanilla, whisking to combine.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mix- ture, stirring to combine well. Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven, and let cool. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/