Chocolate Pomegranate Tartlets
Makes 8 (3½-inch) tartlets
Write a review
- Pâté Sucrée
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups pastry flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Garnish: 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- For Pâté Sucrée: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, confectioners’ sugar, and orange zest on high speed until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes. Add salt and egg, mixing on low speed until combined. Add pastry flour, and mix just until dough comes together.
- Turn out dough, and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch circle. Cut out 8 (4-inch) circles, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of 8 (3½-inch) tart pans. Place on a sheet pan, and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake tartlet shells until lightly browned, 12 to
- 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from molds. Shells may be made up to a week ahead of time and frozen.
- For filling: Place chocolate morsels in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring cream to a simmer. Pour hot cream over chocolate morsels, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand
- for 2 minutes.
- Remove plastic, and whisk together chocolate and cream until smooth. Divide chocolate evenly among prepared tart shells. Let cool in the refrigerator until set, about 1 hour. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/