This Chocolate Pound Cake with Tasty Hot Fudge Sauce is a delightful treat!
Chocolate Pound Cake with Tasty Hot Fudge Sauce
Makes about 10 servings
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons special dark
- cocoa powder*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Tasty Hot Fudge Sauce (recipe follows)
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- Cake: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in sour cream. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with Tasty Hot Fudge Sauce. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Cake Tip: We have found that spraying a pan with baking spray with flour makes it much easier to get a cake out of the pan than the traditional way of greasing and flouring. Also, it doesn’t leave your cake with a flour taste on the outside.
Makes about 2½ cups
- ¾ (4-ounce) bar unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tasty Hot Fudge Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat chocolate and butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in sugars. Add cream; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
*We used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder.