Enjoy these toothsome Chocolate Truffles at the close of a lovely meal.
Makes about 60
Write a review
- 4 (4-ounce) bars dark (60%) chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For rolling: unsweetened cocoa powder,
- confectioners’ sugar, chocolate jimmies, dark chocolate melting wafers*
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, heat cream, preserves, and salt over medium heat until bubbles begin to form. Pour over chocolate. Cover and let stand for
- 5 minutes. Stir chocolate mixture until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Using a 1-inch scoop, scoop chocolate mixture, and place on parchment paper. Making sure your hands stay cool, roll chocolate into balls. Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes. Roll one-fourth of truffles in cocoa, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Roll one-fourth of truffles in confectioners’ sugar, and one-fourth of truffles in chocolate jimmies.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate melting wafers according to package directions. Dip remaining one-fourth of truffles, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Remove with a fork, and tap to remove excess chocolate. Using a knife, gently slide truffles onto prepared pan. Let stand until set.
- *We used Ghirardelli Chocolate Candy Making & Dipping Dark Melting Wafers.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/