Bright ingredients like green peas and radishes jazz up this Chopped Spring Salad finished with fresh dill and creamy Buttermilk Dressing.
Chopped Spring Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced chopped radishes
- ⅔ cup chopped spring onion, such as Vidalia
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, coarsely chopped (about 6 cups loosely packed)
- Buttermilk Dressing (recipe follows)
- Garnish: chopped fresh dill
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together peas, radishes, onion, and lettuce. Serve with Buttermilk Dressing. Garnish with dill, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!