Add a bit of autumn flair to your recipe box with Cider-Braised Carrots.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds multicolored carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise and then crosswise
- 1½ cups apple cider*
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add cider, brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; partially cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid in skillet. Bring liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to ½ cup, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar, pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Pour over carrots. Sprinkle with parsley.
*We used Martinelli’s Gold Medal Cider.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!