Butter lettuce wraps filled with shrimp, bell peppers, cilantro, sliced radish, and avocado anchor any menu with flavorful freshness.
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- Garnish: chopped avocado, sliced radish, chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, paprika, salt, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until cooled, at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro. Using a slotted spoon, place about 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture in center of each lettuce leaf. Garnish with avocado, radish, and cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!