Coconut-ginger jasmine rice garnished with fresh cilantro is a flavorful accompaniment to grilled fish.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups jasmine rice
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; cook for 4 minutes. Add rice; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in coconut milk, 1½ cups water, cilantro, salt, and zest; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!