These Coconut Macadamia Pralines are a fun spin on the classic version of this Southern favorite.
Coconut Macadamia Pralines
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup salted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts
- ½ cup finely shredded dry coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a medium stainless-steel saucepan, bring sugar and coconut milk to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture registers 234° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and coconut extract, stirring until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Add macadamia nuts and coconut, stirring to combine. Using a wooden spoon, continue to stir mixture until cool and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Working quickly, use a 2-teaspoon spring-loaded scoop to drop mixture onto prepared sheets. (Pralines will spread a little but should still hold their shape.) Immediately sprinkle each with additional coconut. Let set for 3 hours. Store in an airtight container.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!