What better summer dessert than a creamy frozen delight? Try this Coconut-Mango Semifreddo, finished with lime zest and toasted coconut.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 large ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (13.66-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnish: toasted flaked coconut, lime zest
- Line an 8½×4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath.
- In prepared pan, arrange mango slices diagonally, laying flat and making sure pieces do not overlap. (Cut to fit, if necessary.)
- In a large saucepan, bring condensed milk and coconut milk to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime zest and salt. Place saucepan in prepared ice bath. Let stand, stirring frequently, until a food thermometer inserted in mixture registers 95°, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cold cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 4 to 5 minutes. Working in batches, gently fold whipped cream into milk mixture. Pour cream mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with coconut, and gently press into cream mixture. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Garnish with coconut and zest, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!