Enjoy the tantalizing flavor of our Coconut Pound Cake with Coconut Glaze.
Coconut Pound Cake
Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Coconut Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh coconut shavings, fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until pale yellow in color.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Add vanilla extract and coconut extract, beating until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, approximately 1 hour, 5 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Pour Coconut Glaze over cooled cake, and garnish with fresh coconut shavings and strawberries, if desired.
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, coconut milk, and lemon juice until smooth. Use immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!