Corn Muffin Ham Sliders
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- ⅓ cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- ½ pound boneless pre-sliced smoked ham, cut into 2-inch wide pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, and eggs. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring to combine. Add cheese, stirring just until combined. Divide half of batter among prepared pans. Place three pieces of ham in each cup, and top evenly with remaining batter.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!