Lump crabmeat, avocado, and tomatoes star in these tasty stack salads fit for year-round entertaining.
Crab, Tomato, and Avocado Towers
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- 1 (8-ounce) container jumbo lump crabmeat, picked
- 1 (8-ounce) container crab claw meat, picked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 gourmet cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Garnish: fresh micro lettuces
- In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place a 3½-inch ring mold on the center of a serving plate. Gently press about 2 tablespoons avocado into bottom of ring mold. Press about 2 tablespoons crab mixture into ring mold, on top of avocado. Top with sliced tomatoes. Carefully remove ring mold. Repeat with remaining avocado, crab mixture, and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh micro lettuces, if desired.
You can find micro lettuces, used in this recipe as a garnish, at specialty foods markets.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!