Enjoy the light texture of our Cranberry Scones made with @SwansDownCakeFlour. A delectable treat to share with those close to you or perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up. Finely milled from soft winter wheat, Swans Down makes a difference in any of your baked goods.
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed orange zest
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cranberries, ginger, and orange zest. Using a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add 1 cup cream, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently knead flour mixture 4 to 6 times just until dough comes together. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 5-inch circle about 1 inch thick. If desired, use a rolling pin to level top. Using a bench scraper or a knife, cut circle into 6 wedges. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and remaining 1 tablespoon cream. Brush tops with egg wash; sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about 15 to 17 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!