Add a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh raspberry to each of these Cream Cheese Raspberry Coconut Bars for a bite-size dessert party guests will love.
Cream Cheese Raspberry Coconut Bars
Makes about 24
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Garnish: whipped cream, fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, coconut, ¾ cup sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, extracts, and remaining ½ cup sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Pour batter into prepared crust. Dollop jam by teaspoonfuls over batter. Swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake until center is set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan. Cut into triangles, and garnish with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!