Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (1-pound) package vanilla flavored candy coating or almond bark, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- Cottontail Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour and salt, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a ball. Remove saucepan from heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition for 30 seconds or until smooth. Spoon or pipe mixture into 1½-inch mounds, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and puffy; cool on a wire rack.
- Cut off top of each cream puff, reserving tops; pull out and discard soft dough inside. Drizzle reserved tops of cream puffs with candy coating and sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Spoon or pipe Cottontail Cream into bottoms of creampuffs. Place prepared tops over cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, combine pudding mix, cream cheese, and sour cream. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cream and confectioners’ sugar; beat at high speed until fluffy. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!