This delicate Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a wonderful seasonal dish.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen twine
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped bacon and fresh thyme
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pot.
- Add onion to pot; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cauliflower, stock, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to the container of a blender; blend until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven; stir in milk and cheese. Garnish with bacon and thyme, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!