Cream cheese, vanilla, fresh orange juice, and orange liqueur blend to create mouthwatering Creamy Citrus Tartlets.
Creamy Citrus Tartlets
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur*
- Garnish: orange slices
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts. Using a 2½-inch round cutter dipped in flour, cut 24 rounds. Press rounds into 24 miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, zest, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and orange juice, and beat until combined. Add egg; beat at low speed just until combined. Divide mixture among prepared crusts (about 2 teaspoonfuls each).
- Bake until filling is puffed and crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. (Filling will deflate as it cools.) Run a knife around edges of cups to loosen tarts. Gently remove, and let cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, and orange liqueur with a mixer at medium speed just until sti peaks form. Spoon onto tarts. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
*We used Grand Marnier. Orange juice may be substituted, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!