This Creamy Lemon Cheesecake will be the star of your next big event.
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
Write a review
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh mint leaves, fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, flour, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in cream and zest. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until soft set, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Gently spread over cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack. Gently run a sharp knife around edges of cheesecake to release sides. Let cool at room temperature for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with lemon slices, mint, and strawberries, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/