Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Makes 6 servings (1½ quarts)
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Garnish: sour cream; roasted, salted pepitas
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs, and discard.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to the container of a blender. Process until smooth.
- Return mixture to Dutch oven over medium heat. Add cream, whisking until smooth. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and pepitas, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/