‘Tis the season for festive gatherings with cherished loved ones and exquisite food. Serve family and friends this decadent Crème Brûlée Cheesecake, sure to be a Christmas favorite for years to come.
Crème Brûlée Cheesecake
Write a review
- 2 cups firmly packed vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- Garnish: sugared fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, 1⁄3 cup sugar, melted butter, and egg white, stirring to combine well. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of a 9 1⁄2-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 1⁄2 cups sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addi- tion. Add flour, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream. Spoon batter into prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off. Leave in oven with door closed for 4 hours. Remove cheesecake from oven. Gently run a knife around edge of pan to release sides. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover, and chill for 8 hours.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 1⁄4 cup sugar on top of cheesecake. Caramelize sugar with kitchen torch until sugar is melted. Remove sides of pan to serve. Garnish with sugared fresh raspberries, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/