Crockpot Apple Butter
Write a review
- Yield: 4 cups.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Toss sugar mixture with apples until well-coated.
- Fill a 5-quart crock pot with sugar-coated apples. Cover, and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and dark brown, 10 to 11 hours. Stir with whisk until desired smoothness is achieved.
- Spoon into jars, leaving about 3/4-inch space at top. Cover and refrigerate.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/