The perfect party appetizer, our delectable Curried Chicken Salad Cups include pistachios, dates, and cilantro.
Curried Chicken Salad Cups
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped unroasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- Garnish: chopped pistachios, chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken; cook until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let cool completely. Shred chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, curry powder, pistachios, dates, and cilantro. Stir in chicken. Chill in the refrigerator up to one day until ready to serve.
- Toast phyllo cups according to package directions. Let cool.
- Fill each phyllo cup with 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture. Garnish with pistachios and cilantro, if desired.
Discover entertaining ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!