This Dark Chocolate-Covered Cherry Hot Chocolate is a warm winter delight.
Dark Chocolate-Covered Cherry Hot Chocolate
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bars, chopped
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, heat cherries over medium heat. Cook until soft, using the back of a spoon to mash cherries. Add confectioners’ sugar and rum; cook until slightly thickened, to 8 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding cherry pulp. Refrigerate for minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Whisk in chocolate until smooth. Whisk in all but 2 tablespoons cherry sauce. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining 2 tablespoons cherry sauce, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!