Dark Chocolate-Hazelnut Dip with Strawberries and Biscotti
Makes 1 quart
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 (3.5-ounce) bars dark chocolate*, chopped
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup hazelnut liqueur*
- Fresh strawberries and Biscotti (recipe follows), to serve
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream and evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat; add chocolate and chocolate-hazelnut spread, whisking to combine. Add hazelnut liqueur, and whisk to combine. Serve immediately with strawberries and Biscotti.
*We used Lindt Excellence 70¼ Dark Chocolate and Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, baking powder, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, beating until smooth. Let dough stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half, and place on prepared pan. Shape each half into a 7×3-inch rectangle. Straighten edges and top using a bench scraper or spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Using a serrated knife, cut rectangles crosswise into ½-inch-wide slices. Place slices, cut side down, on pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning slices halfway through baking. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!