This Dill Pea and Cucumber Salad is a refreshing side dish to enjoy with a hearty meal. Recipe reprinted from Our Sweet Basil Kitchen by Cade and Carrion Cheney with permission from Shadow Mountain. Visit Southern Lady’s Cross-Country Cuisine post to learn more about the authors and enter a drawing for the book.
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peas, cucumber, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegars, and garlic. Add sugar, and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over veggies. Sprinkle with dill and red pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and serve within the hour. The cucumbers will start to pickle if you wait too long.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!