Served warm, this comforting Double Citrus Cider is the perfect addition to holiday menus.
Double Citrus Cider
MAKES ABOUT 7 CUPS
- 2 (4-inch) pieces orange zest
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 (1.5-liter) container apple cider
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: orange zest twists
- Wrap zest, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, anise, and allspice in cheesecloth and combine in a large pot with cider, orange and lemon juices. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and discard spices. Serve warm and garnish with orange, if desired.
KITCHEN TIP: If you want to make this a breakfast cocktail, chill overnight and serve 1 part cider and 1 part Champagne (or sparkling wine) in a Champagne flute.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!