This decadent Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Pie is a special treat. Recipe reprinted from Our Sweet Basil Kitchen by Cade and Carrion Cheney with permission from Shadow Mountain. Visit Southern Lady’s Cross-Country Cuisine post to learn more about the authors.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- ½ (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream (make sure it is whipped to stiff peaks) or whipped topping
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 prepared graham cracker piecrust
- 1 (15-ounce) can dulce de leche
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk according to package directions.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add condensed milk, and beat until combined. Fold pudding into cream cheese mixture, and stir until combined. Gently fold in one-third of whipped cream. Add remaining whipped cream, and fold until completely combined.
- Layer sliced bananas in prepared crust, and cover with dulce de leche. (This usually ends up being about three-fourths of the can.) Spread filling on top of pie. Refrigerated until chilled.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!