Makes about 18 cookies
- 1 (14-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pastel sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut, sugar, flour, zest, and salt. Add egg whites and extract, stirring until well combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons cookie batter, and place at least 1 inch apart on prepared baking pan. Sprinkle tops with sprinkles.
- Bake until bottoms are golden, about 18 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!