Hearty farro stands in for more traditional orzo or rice in this colorful, flavor-packed salad.
Farro Salad with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Write a review
- 1 pound farro
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chopped green beans, blanched
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 6 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: torn fresh basil
- Place farro and 6 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer until farro is tender, approximately 20 minutes. Drain well, and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Stir in green beans, tomatoes, Parmesan, parsley, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, shallot, mustard, thyme, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over farro mixture, stirring to coat. Garnish with basil just before serving.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/