Tender vegetables lend flavor as well as color to this delectable frittata.
Fennel, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Frittata
Write a review
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 (4-ounce) package fontina, shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned and crisp; remove and drain, leaving grease in skillet.
- To the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add bell pepper, onion, fennel, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach, and cook until wilted. Add pepper mixture to spinach, stirring to combine. Sprinkle fontina over vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, cream, dill, chives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Dot with goat cheese crumbles.
- Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve immediately, or store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/