Fresh Broccoli Salad
Write a review
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, and shallot; set aside. In the work bowl of a food processor or container of a blender, combine lemon juice, cheese, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper; process until smooth.
- With processor or blender running, slowly pour in oil until well combined. Pour over salad. Toss salad 1 hour before serving. Cover and chill.
- If more dressing is desired, double the last seven ingredients of the recipe. The garnish shown for this dish is parsley with a tomato rose, which can be made by cutting a long, thin strip of tomato peel and rolling it tightly, fleshy side inward, to form petals.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/