Fresh Strawberry-Peach Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts, room temperature
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 3 large peaches)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one piecrust into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides, letting excess dough extend over sides of plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, strawberries, and lemon juice. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle sugar mixture over fruit; toss gently. Spoon into prepared crust. Dot with butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll remaining piecrust. Cut dough into ½-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips over filling in a lattice design, trimming to fit. Fold edges of bottom crust over, and crimp as desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and 2 teaspoons water. Brush dough with egg wash. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake in bottom third of oven until golden brown and bubbly, about 55 minutes, loosely covering with foil during last 15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!