Piled high with plump, ruby-red berries, this delectable pie is the essence of spring.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
Write a review
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (6-ounce) box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 (1-pound) containers fresh strawberries, halved
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Place in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together gelatin, sugar, and cornstarch. Add water and orange zest, whisking to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange strawberries in pie crust. Pour enough gelatin mixture into crust to coat strawberries completely; discard any remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/