It’s the most wonderful time of the year—for oysters! These scrumptious Fried Oysters in Endive Leaves are served with a creamy Louisiana rémoulade sauce.
Fried Oysters in Endive Leaves
- ¼ cup prepared rémoulade sauce
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 12 fresh oysters, shelled, drained, and patted dry
- 4 cups canola oil, plus more as needed for frying
- 12 fresh endive leaves
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, stir together rémoulade and cream cheese until very smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and Cajun seasoning. Add oysters, and toss to coat completely.
- In a medium saucepan, pour oil to a depth of 3 inches. Heat oil over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°. Working in batches, fry oysters until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into bottom of each endive leaf. Top each with 1 fried oyster. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!