Cake batter doesn’t have to be baked to be delicious! These icy little treats are all the proof you need.
Frozen Cake Batter Bonbons
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons strawberry extract
- 2 pounds vanilla-flavored candy coating or almond bark, melted
- Garnish: pink and white jimmies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cake mix and strawberry extract, beating to combine. Cover, and freeze for 2 hours.
- Roll cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on prepared baking sheets. Using two forks, dip truffles into melted candy coating, gently shaking off excess. Set truffles on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with jimmies, if desired. Serve frozen. Store in freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/