Make a batch of our filling Fruit & Nut Granola Bars for breakfast on the go during busy days.
Fruit & Nut Granola Bars
Makes about 16
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup clover honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted raw pecan pieces
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted raw pistachios
- ¼ cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, egg, butter, vanilla, salt, and pie spice with a mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, pecans, pistachios, and cranberries until well combined. With lightly greased hands, press oat mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until set and edges are lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in resealable plastic bags or lidded containers.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!