Summertime celebrations call for colorful decorations and light-yet-satisfying fare—gatherings like the Garden Soirée that our sister title, Celebrate Magazine, recently featured. With sunny invites and sweet Thank Yous (printables you can download for free!), and a tasty menu of savories and sweets, their party-planning expertise is in full bloom with this playful affair.
We loved it so much that we couldn’t resist sharing the party’s recipe for Lemon-Buttermilk Panna Cotta. Cool, sweet, and creamy—it’s the ideal dessert for your next summer event. Try it and don’t miss the rest of the details from this sunny celebration.
Lemon-Buttermilk Panna Cotta
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Candied Lemon Curls
- Garnish: mint leaves
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cream and next 3 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. When bubbles form around edge of saucepan, turn off heat, and stir in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. (If the gelatin doesn’t completely dissolve in 3 minutes, return to heat, and warm gently until dissolved.)
- Pour mixture into 8 (4-ounce) ramekins. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 4 hours. Top with Candied Lemon Curls. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/