Our Grapefruit Baked Halibut is infused with light, fresh flavor.
Grapefruit Baked Halibut
Makes 4 servings
- ¾ cup grapefruit juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large grapefruit, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8-ounce) halibut fillets, skin removed
- 1⅛ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup cubed grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small saucepan, heat ½ cup grapefruit juice over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup grapefruit juice. Add warm grapefruit juice; return to saucepan, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in honey.
- Place grapefruit slices on prepared pan, and brush with olive oil. Place fillets on top of grapefruit. Sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Brush tops of fish with glaze, and bake 5 to 7 minutes more. Brush with glaze again.
- In a small bowl, combine cubed grapefruit, vegetable oil, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt. Spoon on top of fish. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!