Green Chile and Jalapeño Creamed Corn is a tasty addition to spring and summer meals.
Green Chile and Jalapeño Creamed Corn
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 10 ears)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 jalapeños, minced and seeds reserved
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: grilled lime wedges, fresh cilantro, grilled jalapeño halves
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in corn, salt, and pepper. Cook covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To pot, add onion and minced jalapeños, and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add cream, chiles, and paprika. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook uncovered until thickened, 7 to 10 minute more, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime zest and cilantro. Garnish with lime, cilantro, and jalapeño, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: For more heat, add reserved jalapeño seeds, a few at a time, until desired spice level is reached.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!