A colorful combination of earthy greens and vegetables melds with the crunch of tart apple and the underlying smokiness of bacon in a dish that’s easy to prepare and ideal for any holiday table.
Greens, Potato & Apple Skillet Hash
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 (28-ounce) bag frozen O’Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 medium Fuji or Gala apple, cored and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 6 cups collard greens, rinsed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside, reserving drippings in pan. Add onion to pan; cook, stirring until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add potatoes and apple; cook, stirring until potatoes are browned and apple is slightly softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in greens, bacon, salt, and pepper.
- Cover, and cook until greens are tender, about 5 minutes.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!