A delicious blend of vegetables coated with a sweet red wine sauce, this salad is the ideal side for an autumn meal.
Greens and Radish Salad with Warm Red Wine Vinaigrette
Write a review
- 3 medium heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced radish
- 1 cup extra-light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallot
- 1 cup medium-body red wine
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine Bibb lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and radish.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add shallot, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add red wine, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes. Pour mixture into the container of a blender. Add vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pulse until mixture is emulsified and smooth. Serve warm over salad.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/