This Grilled Chicken Salad Champagne is full of flavor from extra virgin olive oil, mustard, fresh tarragon, and Asiago cheese.
Grilled Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (5-ounce) bag spring mix
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 head frisée lettuce, washed and trimmed
- 4 medium yellow beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 bunch Broccolini, blanched
- ½ cup radishes washed, trimmed, and sliced
- Shaved Asiago cheese
- Garnish: boiled egg wedges
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard, tarragon, shallot, and garlic. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour half of vinaigrette mixture over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine spring mix, Bibb lettuce, frisée lettuce, beets, Broccolini, and radishes; toss to combine.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°. Cool for 5 minutes. Slice chicken, and arrange on salad. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; add cheese. Garnish with boiled egg wedges, if desired. Serve immediately.