Substitute any flavored butter for the cilantro butter to take this easy side in a different direction.
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Butter
Write a review
- 6 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 8 ears yellow corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine water and salt, stirring until salt dissolves. Add corn, and soak for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Shake off excess water from corn. Brush corn with olive oil. Place each ear on a piece of aluminum foil. Wrap foil around the corn, and close by twisting the ends. Grill corn for 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Carefully remove corn from foil, discarding foil. Serve with Cilantro Butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cilantro, paprika, garlic salt, and pepper. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place butter on a large piece of parchment paper. Roll into a 6x2-inch log, twisting parchment at ends. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/